[MITgcm-support] topography with OBCS

Andreas Klocker andreas.klocker at utas.edu.au
Thu Jun 18 21:21:38 EDT 2020

Hi,

I am trying to set up a regional model configuration with OBCS. For some reason the model seems to introduce salinities where I actually have bathymetry (see attached figure; bathymetry left, salinities right). Salinities this low definitely do not exist in the files containing the bounday conditions. Is it necessary to set the open boundary exactly to where I have ocean, or should the bathymetry file take care of this by telling the model there should be nothing happening in case of zero water depth?

Here's my data.obcs file:

# Open-boundaries
 &OBCS_PARM01

 OB_Iwest  = 600*1,