[MITgcm-support] Ocean currents veering due to bathymetry

kunal madkaiker kunal.madkaiker02 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 04:06:05 EDT 2020

Hi Matt and Martin,

Thank you both for your suggestions. I ran the model with T,S,U and V at
boundary forcing as suggested by Matt.
Also as recommended by Martin, changed hFacMin =0.3 from 0.9, and set
 OBCSfixTopo=.TRUE. from FALSE. Also trying to improve
the grid simultaneously.

And that fixed the issue. Please refer to the figure attached. I also gave
a run adding heat and moisture fluxes from NCEP reanalysis.
But it looks like Model SST is overestimating by ~1.25 degC when compared
with WOA18 SST. Is it because fluxes are being fed in as
monthly climatology and not real time daily values? I simulated the model
for 30 days.
Thanks again!

Regards
Kunal