[MITgcm-support] Ocean currents veering due to bathymetry

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at ucsd.edu
Fri Jul 24 00:42:17 EDT 2020

1) You are setting U and V = 0 as an initial condition? Then likely U and V aren’t spun up yet after just 10 days.

2) regional models are very sensitive to obcs. You aren’t prescribing a UVTS on the boundary? That will kill your coastal currents.

Sounds like the problems are just with your (lack of) inputs

Matt