[MITgcm-support] Need assistance for tuning currents in the physical model

kunal madkaiker kunal.madkaiker02 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 11:18:23 EDT 2020

Dear MITgcm Users,

I am trying to run MITgcm along the West Coast of India, using a
Curvilinear grid for the month of Sept.
I have given a climatological profile of Temperature, Salinity from WOA18
and U,V currents as boundary forcing along with heat and moisture fluxes.

After comparing with observation (i.e. WOA18 SST and SSS, OSCAR currents),
my simulated currents arent coming right. I am trying to tune the physical
model.

Kindly let me know about the parameters (in the INPUT file) that I need to
review, for I may have possibly missed out/ skipped on some information.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Kunal