[MITgcm-support] Ice not Moving when Resolution is Very High

Senja Walberg senja.w at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 16:25:04 EST 2020

Hello,

I figured out that my issue was somehow related to the LSOR solver. It's
not clear to me why that's the case, but switching to EVP fixed the issues
I was having.

Oddly, with the LSOR solver things behaved wildly differently depending on
the initial configuration of ice-- with a relatively small, single chunk,
no motion was observed, but when I added numerous other unconnected chunks
to the domain it would move, even when delx was small.

Either way, my solution is simply not to use it, so I believe this problem
can be done with.

Regards,
Senja