[MITgcm-support] eta_leads when using RealFreshWaterFlux

Stanislav Martyanov martyanov.sd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 13:48:11 EDT 2020

Hello all!

Is there any simple way to output the sea level, both modified (default)
and unmodified (this is what is needed) by the sea ice loading when using
real fresh water flux (useRealFreshWaterFlux = .TRUE.)?

It is eta_leads what I want, following the notation in the paper by Campin
et al. 2008.

I know that eta_leads can be calculated by: eta_leads = eta + M(ice+snow) /
rhow

But maybe there exist some intrinsic variables in the code responsible for
eta_leads (not written by default)? I could not find any, so I will be
grateful for any suggestion.

Kind regards,
Stanislav