[MITgcm-support] Vertical heat balance in the ocean

Shatwell, Peter A peter.shatwell12 at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Aug 26 08:22:48 EDT 2020

Wow, thank you so much for pointing me to this link, Yu Kun! And thanks also to Martin Losch for pointing me to swfrac.F in the source code.

I’ve now calculated the shortwave penetration offline, and the balance is looking a lot better! (figure attached) There’s still a small positive bump, but perhaps this will be closed by other terms as outlined in Yu Kun’s python notebook below.

All the best,

Peter

--
Peter Shatwell