[MITgcm-support] apply SALT_PLUME_VOLUME to passive tracers

An Nguyen antnguyen13 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 17:26:17 EDT 2020

Hi Yilang,

I implemented SALT_PLUME_VOLUME but I'd recommend that you make it #undef in SALT_PLUME_OPTIONS.h as it requires more testings to see how effective this parameterization is with resolution.. My testings so far have been inconclusive, whereas the original parameterization (i.e., with #undef SALT_PLUME_VOLUME, which only redistributes the salt and not both salt and temperature) is more effective in my Arctic configurations.

Best,
An

An T. Nguyen, Ph.D.
Oden Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences
The University of Texas at Austin,
201 East 24th Street, Stop C0200, POB 4.234,
Austin, TX 78712, USA
Phone: +1 512 471 4207
Fax: +1 512 232-8248
atnguyen at ices.utexas.edu