[MITgcm-support] use seaice variables in ptracers

Yilang Xu yxu at whoi.edu
Wed Apr 8 14:08:30 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,

I want to use variables such as AREA from seaice pkg in ptracers pkg. My modification occurs in ptracers_reset.F, and I put #include "SEAICE.h" among others like #include "SIZE.h", etc.

However, when I compile the code, error messages occur near the beginning of compilation (shown below).

There is no seaice*.f in the directory, so the compilation hasn’t reached the seaice pkg yet.

If I exclude all the seaice part in ptracers_reset.F, the code works well. I am wondering what should be modified.

Thanks,

Yilang

Error message:

ptracers_reset.f(3560): error #6756: A COMMON block data object must not be an automatic object.   [TICES]

      COMMON/MULTICATEGORY/TICES

---------------------------^

ptracers_reset.f(3561): error #6219: This variable, used in a specification expression, must be a dummy argument, a COMMON block object, or an object accessible through host or use association.   [NITD]

      Real*8 TICES      (1-OLx:sNx+OLx,1-OLy:sNy+OLy,nITD,nSx,nSy)

compilation aborted for ptracers_reset.f (code 1)

make[1]: *** [ptracers_reset.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/vortexfs1/home/yxu/MITgcm/verification/isomip/20200408_build'

make: *** [fwd_exe_target] Error 2

Yilang Xu

Ph.D. Student

Applied Ocean Physics and Engineering