[MITgcm-support] [EXTERNAL] How to start from given initial conditions without restarting the simulation

Shevchenko, Igor i.shevchenko at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Apr 2 13:08:47 EDT 2020

Dear Dimitris,

Thank you very much for your reply.
I am aware of MITgcm restart-pickup capabilities, but as far as I understand it, one can start a simulation from a pickup file (and this file should be consistent with the previous time step to seamlessly continue the integration), while I would like to have multiple pickups (which are not related to the previous time step) in order to pick them up on the fly at different moments in time and then use them as initial conditions for the next step of the simulation.

Best regards,
Igor