[MITgcm-support] help

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Sep 5 08:10:35 EDT 2019

I have no experience with this, but I think that the extra forcing by the wind (I am guessing that you assume that part of particles stick out of the water and that these “sails" are subject extra wind foring, although I am not quite sure how to imagine that with “microplastic”), should not be added to the drift velocity.

In fact, the u/vVel already contain the effect of wind forcing, so I don’t think that you need to do anything specific to the ptracers package, as long as you assume that your microplastics can be assumed to be “continuous” with a certain concentration.

Martin