[MITgcm-support] Unrealistic sea surface height growth

Peng Zhan peng.zhan at kaust.edu.sa
Fri Oct 25 09:32:05 EDT 2019

Igor,

The normal velocity specified on the OBCS may yield a net inflow and hence
growth in SSH.
You may want to try the OBCS balance package, or in a better way, to match
the volume on OBCS offline with whatever you used from a coarse resolution
product.

Best, Peng

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 2:39 PM Shevchenko, Igor <
i.shevchenko at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to model the North Atlantic with MITgcm, but am experiencing
> unrealistic growth of the sea surface height.
> Is there something suspicious in the configuration files (attached) which
> can provoke such a growth?
>
> Thank you very much in advance!
>
> Best regards,
> Igor

Dr. Peng Zhan
Research Scientist
Physical Science and Engineering Division (PSE)
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi
Arabia
Mobile: +966 544701621
* <peng.zhan at kaust.edu.sa>*

this email.