[MITgcm-support] Unstructured open boundaries

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Oct 9 04:00:52 EDT 2019

Hi Estanislao,

I found your email in the online archives: <http://mailman.mitgcm.org/pipermail/mitgcm-support/2019-September/012194.html>

I think I understand the problem now, and your solution is the correct one, i.e. logically there should be flux through the interface between i=2 and 3 at j=2.

It maybe worth extending section "8.3.1.4. Defining open boundary positions” in the manual to give a more complex example like this. It would be great if you could start doing that (since you already spent time and though on this) and create a pull request. The instructions for that can be found here: <https://mitgcm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/contributing/contributing.html#contributing-to-the-manual>
and more generally section 5 <https://mitgcm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/contributing/contributing.html#contributing-to-the-mitgcm>. It’s not hard at all. Once you’ve created the pull request, we can work on this together.

Martin