[MITgcm-support] Bottom pressure, non hydrostatic run, in oceanic set up

clement.soufflet at lmd.ens.fr clement.soufflet at lmd.ens.fr
Thu Nov 28 07:25:05 EST 2019

Hi,

I am running the MITgcm in non hydrostatic configuration, 2D, in oceanic set up, looking at pressure drag exerted on a topography.
It could be an idiot question but I have some problem to get the surface pressure anomaly. In the netcdf output there are:
phiHyd: the hydrostatic pressure
phiHydLow: the hydrostatic pressure at the bottom
phi_nh: the non hydrostatic pressure
Is there a way to get the non hydrostatic pressure at the bottom?
Or do I need to add the first level of the non hydrostatic pressure field to the hydrostatic pressure at the bottom to get it?
ie:  P_bottom =  phiHydLow  + phi_nh(:,0)

Thanks,
Clément