[MITgcm-support] notUsingX/YPeriodicity

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Nov 13 04:25:19 EST 2019

Hi Enrico,

I am not sure what you are trying to do. The “standard” way of supressing the periodicity is to impose one wall at either end of the domain to arrive at a channel or, if you do it for both horizontal directions, a box with solid walls.

If you want to use open boundaries (i.e. the pkg/obcs), then the periodicity is still there as the default behaviour, but it is overwritten by the obcs values. The “halos” may still contain values based on the periodicity, but they are never used.

Martin