[MITgcm-support] notUsingX/YPeriodicity

Pochini, Enrico epochini at inogs.it
Tue Nov 12 08:44:40 EST 2019

Hi all,

I am trying to deactivate the default behaviour of periodic boundaries. I
tried setting in eedata notUsingXPeriodicity=.TRUE.,
notUsingYPeriodicity=.TRUE., but the option is not recognized. Setting
forcefully in eeparms_set.F, where it appears in COMMON block EEPARMS,
cause the following error to appear:

*** An error occurred in MPI_Cart_rank
> *** reported by process [3771400193,0]
> *** on communicator MPI_COMMUNICATOR 3
> *** MPI_ERR_ARG: invalid argument of some other kind
> *** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (processes in this communicator will now abort,
> ***    and potentially your MPI job)
> 6 more processes have sent help message help-mpi-errors.txt /
> mpi_errors_are_fatal
> Set MCA parameter "orte_base_help_aggregate" to 0 to see all help / error
> messages

The two lines
#define CAN_PREVENT_X_PERIODICITY
#define CAN_PREVENT_Y_PERIODICITY
are defined in CPP_EEOPTIONS.h

Does the periodic domain definition interact with OB specifications?
Is there a way to solve it without setting bathymetry=0 at margins?

Thanks,

Enrico