[MITgcm-support] GM-Redi question

Dhruv Balwada db194 at nyu.edu
Wed Feb 20 07:43:35 EST 2019

Hi Kaitlin,

I believe, and maybe this is what Julian was also alluding to is, that you
can have only Redi and no GM if you make a choice of parameters like:
'
GM_background_K    = 0.,
GM_isopycK         = 200.,'

GM_background_K is K_gm and GM_isopyckK is K_redi. In default if you set
only one the other is taken to be equal, otherwise you set them
individually. This is probably what Martin meant by turning off GM and only
keeping Redi, please correct me if I am wrong. They are 2 different
parameterization, which cleanly combine in a single tensor.

Best,
Dhruv