[MITgcm-support] Local averages of variables

Sanjiv Ramachandran sramachandran at umassd.edu
Tue Feb 12 10:15:52 EST 2019

Martin,

             Thanks for your email. I was not aware of this capability and will certainly use it. But I realized I need to evaluate the local average at every model iteration.  I am using the anomaly of one field to evolve another field in time:

d (Field_2)/dt = constant x (anomaly of Field_1).

anomaly = Field_1 - local average of Field_1

Sanjiv