[MITgcm-support] help-noise with the internal wave simulation

JIATONG jiatong at radi.ac.cn
Thu Dec 26 21:22:33 EST 2019

Hi Jody,
    Thanks for your kindly reply.
    Please let me describe my question in detail. The depth of thermocline in my study area is about 45m.  And I expect to find out a large depression ( the signal of internal wave with amplitude about several meters ) apart from isotherms around this depth. As you can see from this jpg in attached, there many other depressions marked by red box, also the "large noises" that I mentioned in my last email. I cannot identify the signal of internal wave among these depressions.  Could you tell me how to remove these?
    Since  I want to simulate the barotropic tide over a 2D topography to excite the internal wave, if there are any inappropriate modelling setup in my attached 'data' file ?
    Thanks very much!
    Best wishes.

JIATONG