[MITgcm-support] Sea ice dynamics causing model to output NaN's after changing grid configuration

David Vishny davidvish at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 18:07:46 EDT 2019

To whom it may concern,

I recently changed the grid configuration in my model setup, and now the model outputs all NaN’s after a single time-step if sea ice dynamics are enabled, even though there is no sea ice to begin with. If I disable sea ice dynamics, it appears that no problems occur. Thus, my advisor Malte Jansen and I believe the LSR solver is producing NaN’s.

I know one parameter related to the LSR solver is the LSR error. For any given grid configuration, could the solver crash due to an LSR error that is either too high or too low? Are there any other parameters I should be playing around with that are related to the LSR solver?

Thanks,

David Vishny