[MITgcm-support] Choice of workstation CPU for running MITgcm

Ryan Abernathey ryan.abernathey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 10:14:17 EDT 2019

You can rent an Intel Skylake node with 96 CPUs and 360 GB RAM for < $1 /
hour on Google Cloud:
https://cloud.google.com/compute/pricing
For low resolution simulations, this would be more than sufficient.

You could use this to experiment before buying any hardware. Or maybe you
would decide you don't actually need to buy at all.

-Ryan