[MITgcm-support] Dose Um_Diss involve UBotDrag term?

杨智斌 853245241 at qq.com
Fri Sep 28 04:44:17 EDT 2018

Sorry to disturb you again. I have a new question about vertical viscous dissipation. In my mind, the Um_Diss term also involve vertical dissipation BUT ONLY NOT using implicitViscosity. If using implicitViscosity, the vertical dissipation can be diagnosed by VISrI_Um/volume and Um_Diss will only involve horizontal dissipation, bottom drag and side drag. Am I right? Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards.
Yang Zhibin