[MITgcm-support] A question about MNC

Gustavo Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Mon Sep 17 12:15:06 EDT 2018

Hi Kou

Hard to tell with the little information you provided.

Some suggestions:

Do a make CLEAN in your build directory,
to avoid using any leftover from previous build (that may not have mnc).
Or simply 'rm -f *' there.

Make sure your build options file is points to netCDF library and
include directories that actually exist in your computer.

Make sure you run genmake2 again, pointing to the build options file above,
to regenerate the Makefile, after you add mnc to packages.conf.

Before you run 'make', take a good look at the Makefile that was generated,
and double check the netCDF library & include location.

Dump the output of 'make' to a log file (e.g. make |& tee make.log),
so that you can check for possible errors.

If errors occur (it is seldom a single error), search for the *first* error in the log file,
as subsequent errors may be just propagated from the first.
The first error is the one that needs to be addressed.

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa