[MITgcm-support] GMRedi ptracers Diagnostics

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at mit.edu
Mon Oct 22 11:33:08 EDT 2018

Hi Dhruv and Martin,

This is right: the full 3-D specification of GM and Redi coefficient is currently only
available with pkg/ctrl.

However, there is an option to combine a 1-D vertical profile with a 2-D horizontal map
for both GM and Redi coefficient, without the need to use pkg/ctrl:
 K_GM(i,j,k)   = GM_background_K * GM_bolFac1d(k) * GM_bolFac2d(i,j)
 K_Redi(i,j,k) = GM_isopycK      * GM_isoFac1d(k) * GM_isoFac2d(i,j)
and fields:
 GM_bolFac1d  loaded from:  GM_bol1dFile
 GM_bolFac2d  loaded from:  GM_bol2dFile
 GM_isoFac1d  loaded from:  GM_iso1dFile