[MITgcm-support] GMRedi ptracers Diagnostics

Dhruv Balwada db194 at nyu.edu
Thu Oct 18 21:21:11 EDT 2018

Hi,

I am running a MITgcm channel simulation in coarse resolution with the
GMRedi package, forced with winds and buoyancy at the surface. I also
advect tracers using the ptracers package.
I have 2 questions:
a) Is it possible to provide MITgcm with an arbitrary 3D GM diffusivity and
a 3D Redi diffusivity field as input, in the current MITgcm release? If 3D
fields cannot be specified, then is it possible to provide a vector with
the depth variation? I am interested in prescribing arbitrary fields,
rather than a particular diffusivity parameterization scheme.

b) When the model is being run with both GMRedi and ptracers packages, what
is the  flux diagnostic for the ptracer tracer that has the influence of
the GMRedi diffusion tensor?

Thank you,
Dhruv