[MITgcm-support] Running 'MLAdjust' test case

Sanjiv Ramachandran sramachandran at umassd.edu
Thu Nov 29 15:31:53 EST 2018

Hi all,

           I am trying to simulate the MLAdjust case after adapting the parameters (see attachment) to generate initial conditions more appropriate for the region of my interest. I am sharing a link below which shows the evolution of SSS over 40 days. The top row shows the evolution in a simulation with a wall at the southern and northern boundaries, the bottom row shows results from a simulation without any lateral wall. All other parameters are identical for the two simulations.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbphclfw5vjbfjq/S_walltest.pdf?dl=0

I am wondering why adding walls 60 km away from the front is resulting in such a different flow evolution at the front for the two simulations. To add the wall, I am uncommenting lines 90 and 91 in gendata_TS.m (attachment). Am I imposing the wall boundary condition correctly? Or is there something else I am missing?

Thanks,

Sanjiv