[MITgcm-support] Error on Cheyenne HPC with diagnostics package

Uchida Takaya tu2140 at columbia.edu
Thu Nov 15 17:48:58 EST 2018

Dear MITgcm support,

I have a run on Cheyenne, which runs fine without the diagnostics package turned on but fails within seconds once I turn the package on and it gives me no useful errors except for:

MPT ERROR: MPI_COMM_WORLD rank 1589 has terminated without calling MPI_Finalize()
	aborting job

I use the same namelist files, which run fine on the Columbia University Habanero cluster so my expectation was that it should all work fine. I am a bit lost here and would like to know if others have had related issues running MITgcm on Cheyenne.

The optfile I use, which can also be found here ( https://github.com/roxyboy/ChannelMOC_Cheyenne/tree/master/SO_only-physics/channel_flat <https://github.com/roxyboy/ChannelMOC_Cheyenne/tree/master/SO_only-physics/channel_flat> ) including the namelist files, is:

module load intel/17.0.1 mpt/2.15f netcdf/4.6.1

FC=mpif90
CC=mpicc
F90C=mpif90

DEFINES='-DALLOW_USE_MPI -DALWAYS_USE_MPI -DWORDLENGTH=4'
CPP='/lib/cpp  -traditional -P'
EXTENDED_SRC_FLAG='-132'
OMPFLAG='-openmp'
CFLAGS='-fPIC'
LDADD='-shared-intel'

LIBS="-L${MPI_ROOT}/lib"
INCLUDES="-I${MPI_ROOT}/include"
NOOPTFLAGS='-O0 -fPIC'

#FFLAGS="-fPIC -convert big_endian -assume byterecl -align -xCORE-AVX2" # 4% slower with -O2
FFLAGS="-fPIC -convert big_endian -assume byterecl -align"
FDEBUG='-W0 -WB'
FFLAGS="$FDEBUG $FFLAGS"

FOPTIM='-O3'
FOPTIM="$FOPTIM -ip -fp-model precise -traceback -ftz"

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Takaya
———————
PhD Candidate
Physical Oceanography
Columbia University in the City of New York
https://roxyboy.github.io/