[MITgcm-support] Matlab scripts for viewing netcdf files

Edward W Doddridge ewd at mit.edu
Wed Nov 14 17:22:01 EST 2018

Hi Sanjiv,

Unfortunately there is currently no way to get global NetCDF files directly from the model. The setting that Ali described only works for the binary outputs (the ones with .data and .meta files).

There is a very useful python script in utils/python/MITgcmutils/scripts called “gluemncbig” that can be called from the command line and will stitch together the tiles into a single file. You don’t need to know python to use it from the command line.

As for your MATLAB error, I’m afraid I have no idea. I’ll let someone who uses MATLAB chime with an answer to that.

Cheers,
Ed

Edward Doddridge
Postdoctoral researcher
Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

www.doddridge.me<http://www.doddridge.me>