[MITgcm-support] Matlab scripts for viewing netcdf files

Sanjiv Ramachandran sramachandran at umassd.edu
Wed Nov 14 16:57:08 EST 2018

Hi,

    I am trying to set up the 'MLadjust'  test case, which is one of the cases in the 'verification' folder. My output gets written into multiple files, one for each tile, as I am using MPI. I am using the latest version of MITgcm.

I have some questions regarding the 'mnc_assembly.m' file in the utils/matlab/ folder:

(i) The file has commands of the form:

fnc = netcdf(fnm, 'nowrite');

I replaced 'netcdf' with 'netcdf.open' as otherwise the command would not execute. But after the replacement, I am getting other errors.

(ii) How do you assemble files across multiple folders? The file mnc_assembly.m only assembles all the tiles within a folder.

(iii) Is there any way to get  MITgcm to just return the fields for the entire grid in one big file (eg. state.0000100000.nc)? For my purposes, there are no benefits to having the output written separately for each tile.

Thanks,

Sanjiv