[MITgcm-support] segmentation fault

Andreas Klocker andreas.klocker at utas.edu.au
Sun May 27 22:04:07 EDT 2018

Dimitris,

Do you know why I get so many more issues, such as netcdf not working, if I use '-devel' with genmake 2? Could any of those cause a segmentation fault?

cheers,

Andreas

without '-devel'

bash-4.1$ ../../../tools/genmake2 -mods=../code -rootdir=../../../ -mpi -of ../../../tools/build_options/linux_amd64_ifort

GENMAKE :

A program for GENerating MAKEfiles for the MITgcm project.
   For a quick list of options, use "genmake2 -h"
or for more detail see the Developer's HOWTO manual at:
   http://mitgcm.org/public/docs.html

===  Processing options files and arguments  ===
  getting local config information:  none found
  getting OPTFILE information:
    using OPTFILE="../../../tools/build_options/linux_amd64_ifort"
  getting AD_OPTFILE information:
    using AD_OPTFILE="../../..//tools/adjoint_options/adjoint_default"
  check makedepend (local: 0, system: 0, 0)
  Turning on MPI cpp macros

===  Checking system libraries  ===
  Do we have the system() command using mpif77...  yes
  Do we have the fdate() command using mpif77...  yes
  Do we have the etime() command using mpif77...  yes
  Can we call simple C routines (here, "cloc()") using mpif77...  yes
  Can we unlimit the stack size using mpif77...  yes
  Can we register a signal handler using mpif77...  yes
  Can we use stat() through C calls...  yes
  Can we create NetCDF-enabled binaries...  yes
  Can we create LAPACK-enabled binaries...  no
  Can we call FLUSH intrinsic subroutine...  yes

===  Setting defaults  ===
  Adding MODS directories: ../code
  Making source files in eesupp from templates
  Making source files in pkg/exch2 from templates
  Making source files in pkg/regrid from templates

===  Determining package settings  ===
  getting package dependency info from  ../../..//pkg/pkg_depend
  getting package groups info from      ../../..//pkg/pkg_groups
  checking list of packages to compile:
    using PKG_LIST="../code/packages.conf"
    before group expansion packages are: gfd diagnostics timeave obcs kpp
    replacing "gfd" with:  mom_common mom_fluxform mom_vecinv generic_advdiff debug mdsio rw monitor
    after group expansion packages are:  mom_common mom_fluxform mom_vecinv generic_advdiff debug mdsio rw monitor diagnostics timeave obcs kpp
  applying DISABLE settings
  applying ENABLE settings
    packages are:  debug diagnostics generic_advdiff kpp mdsio mom_common mom_fluxform mom_vecinv monitor obcs rw timeave
  applying package dependency rules
    packages are:  debug diagnostics generic_advdiff kpp mdsio mom_common mom_fluxform mom_vecinv monitor obcs rw timeave
  Adding STANDARDDIRS='eesupp model'
  Searching for *OPTIONS.h files in order to warn about the presence
    of "#define "-type statements that are no longer allowed:
    found CPP_OPTIONS="./CPP_OPTIONS.h"
    found CPP_EEOPTIONS="./CPP_EEOPTIONS.h"
  Creating the list of files for the adjoint compiler.

===  Creating the Makefile  ===
  setting INCLUDES
  Determining the list of source and include files
  Writing makefile: Makefile
  Add the source list for AD code generation
  Making list of "exceptions" that need ".p" files
  Making list of NOOPTFILES
  Add rules for links
  Adding makedepend marker

===  Done  ===

with "-devel"

bash-4.1$ ../../../tools/genmake2 -devel -mods=../code -rootdir=../../../ -mpi -of ../../../tools/build_options/linux_amd64_ifort

[...]

  Can we create NetCDF-enabled binaries...  no
  Can we create LAPACK-enabled binaries...  no
  Can we call FLUSH intrinsic subroutine...  no