[MITgcm-support] Inconsistent sizes between MNC and binary output

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed May 23 10:58:01 EDT 2018

That’s not a bug, that’s a feature. I don’t think that you can turn it off.

The point at nx+1 is the same as point 1 either on the adjacent tile or (if you have only one tile) on the current tile. It help computing velocities or their gradients at cell centres. In more complicated topologies (cubed sphere) it is convenient because you don’t have to sort out the connectivity between tiles for these computations. MDS output does not have this feature.

Martin