[MITgcm-support] Output 2D slice from 3D simulation

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue May 22 05:05:32 EDT 2018

Xiaozhou,

as far as I know, the diagnostics package can write 3D fields and 2D horizontal slices of 3D fields. I don’t think that vertical slices are possible.

If you need 2D slices you’d probably have to write your own code for this. There are subroutines in pkg/rw/write_rec.F that do vertical slices, but you need to call them in the right place. Here: pkg/obcs/obcs_output.F there are examples how to use them.

Martin