[MITgcm-support] SST relaxation with temporal variability

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Mar 26 04:37:15 EDT 2018

Hi Takaya,

`externForcingCycle` and `externForcingPeriod` are used for all forcing data that is specified in the namelist file “data”. That makes this way of reading and applying forcing data very unflexible.

You could use the rbcs package for surface restoring, although I would not recommend it as it’s a bit of an overkill. rbcs can be used for 3D restoring and involves a lot of extra storage.

The recommended surface forcing package is the exf-package. There you have different forcing periods etc for each forcing field, including surface restoring. The exf-package is more involved in terms of configuration, but in the long run it pays off to use it.

Martin