[MITgcm-support] readthedoc build error

Daniel Goldberg dan.goldberg at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 21 15:47:04 EDT 2018

Hello All

I am in the process of writing documentation for a physical package, and
have installed the required libs following the instructions here:

https://mitgcm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/contributing/contributing.html#building-the-manual

however, on calling "make html" in the MITgcm/doc directory, i received the
following errors (see attached log):

Exception occurred:
  File
"/disk/scratch/local.2/fenics/miniconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sphinx/environment/collector

  s/toctree.py", line 172, in _walk_toc
    subnode[0]['secnumber'] = list(number)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

There are continually python issues with my school's IT infrastructure but
I thought that using miniconda would take care of this?

Is there another way of testing whether the libraries have installed
correctly other than the test i have just done? (is the html generator run
overnight?)

Thanks
Dan

--