[MITgcm-support] Student with a question/issue with the KPP package

Taylor Shropshire tas14j at my.fsu.edu
Wed Jun 20 12:41:17 EDT 2018

Hello,

Background:

I am running an offline biogeochemical model using MITgcm for the Gulf of Mexico. Flow fields are from previously computed daily averages and are prescribed daily in the model.

Issue:

I have KPP outputting its variables weekly: KPPviscAz, KPPdiffKzT, KPPdiffKzS, KPPGHAT, KPPHBL.

When I look at the output of KPPHBL (mixed layer depth) I find that it is always 5m at every record at every grid point. Why is this happening in my simulations?

Thanks for your time,

-Taylor

Taylor Shropshire
PhD Candidate - Oceanography
Center for Ocean - Atmospheric Prediction Studies
Florida State University