[MITgcm-support] ISOMIP default open water boundary condition

Yilang Xu yxu at whoi.edu
Thu Jul 26 11:40:34 EDT 2018

Hi,

I try to add an open water area near the ice shelf front in SHELFICE package - ISOMIP exp1. I am wondering, if I just extend the domain further north to create the open water, without using OBCS package, what the default boundary condition would be for this open water area.

Moreover, for ISOMIP example in verification directory, what are the boundary conditions in the eastern and northern sides? They are not specified in gendata.m file.

Thanks,

Yilang