[MITgcm-support] How to diagnose the diapycnal diffusivity?

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Jul 16 07:35:32 EDT 2018

Yang,

when you run your model with a default debugLevel (=1), then you’ll a file called “available_diagnostics.log”, that will show you all diagnostics for your particular configuration. If you have turned on GM (useGMredi=.TRUE. in data.pkg), then you the GM-diagnostics should be part of that list. I am not sure if there is a diagnostic for diapycnal diffusivity (do you mean diffusive flux?) …

Martin