[MITgcm-support] optfile for Cheyenne

Ryan Abernathey ryan.abernathey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 14:39:50 EST 2018

I have successfully modified one from yellowstone. I use these modules

*module load intel/17.0.1 mpt/2.15f netcdf/4.4.1.1 <http://4.4.1.1>*

And here is the optfile (very similar to the yellowstone optfile)

*FC=mpif90*

*CC=mpicc*

*F90C=mpif90*

*DEFINES='-DALLOW_USE_MPI -DALWAYS_USE_MPI -DWORDLENGTH=4'*

*CPP='/lib/cpp  -traditional -P'*

*EXTENDED_SRC_FLAG='-132'*

*OMPFLAG='-openmp'*

*CFLAGS='-fPIC'*

*LDADD='-shared-intel'*

*LIBS="-L${MPI_ROOT}/lib"*

*INCLUDES="-I${MPI_ROOT}/include"*

*NOOPTFLAGS='-O0 -fPIC'*

*FFLAGS="-fPIC -convert big_endian -assume byterecl -align -march=corei7
-axAVX"*

*FDEBUG='-W0 -WB'*

*FFLAGS="$FDEBUG $FFLAGS"*

*FOPTIM='-O2'*

*FOPTIM="$FOPTIM -ip -fp-model precise -traceback -ftz"*

It works. But it is not especially fast. It is in fact slower than
yellowstone. But I don't have time to do optimization.

Good luck!

-Ryan