[MITgcm-support] flow over 3d Gaussian topography

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Jan 8 11:25:00 EST 2018

Subhajit,

what’s wrong with the figure? What do you expect?

on the open boundaries, etaN is always set to zero (if you don’t use the nonlinear free surface). These grid points don’t “belong” to the model domain where etaN is solved for.

Periodic boundary conditions: just turn off the open boundary package (useOBCS = .FALSE. in data.pkg).

Martin