[MITgcm-support] An error about procs when I submitted a MITgcm job

Kou Ruizhi kououc at outlook.com
Sun Aug 19 23:08:44 EDT 2018

Dear Sir/ Madam,

My name Ruizhi Kou, a graduate student in Institude of oceanography, Chinese academy of sciences. I am writing to ask for help about an submitting error.

I want to run a case with 128 CPUs via LSF(bsub). An error appears all the time and Its content is “EEBOOT_MINIMAL: No. of procs=     1 not equal to nPx*nPy=   128” (see appendix for error details), A number of approaches have been tried. Checking the SIZE.h, eedata and data files confirming the environment configuration, modifying the LSF script, and so on, that error still can’t be solved. So I want to ask for professional advice to deal with it.

I would appreciate it if you could give me some suggestions. I am looking forward to your letters.

Sincerely,
Ruizhi Kou

Appendix:
Error details:
EEBOOT_MINIMAL: No. of procs=     1 not equal to nPx*nPy=   128
EEBOOT_MINIMAL: No. of procs=     1 not equal to nPx*nPy=   128
EEBOOT_MINIMAL: No. of procs=     1 not equal to nPx*nPy=   128
EEDIE: earlier error in multi-proc/thread setting
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source
mitgcmuv           00000000006A9E35  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
mitgcmuv           00000000006A7A57  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
mitgcmuv           000000000064B154  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown