[MITgcm-support] ISOMIP default open water boundary condition

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Aug 9 06:09:31 EDT 2018

Yilang,

please refer to the ISOMIP experiment descriptions or to the paper Losch (2008) for a description of this experiment.

The model is double periodic by default, if you do not specify topography, i.e. a wall along one boundary. In this experiment there’s a wall at the southern boundary, so that means by periodicity, thes’ also a wall at the northern boundary. In the same manner, the western boundary is closed, so is the eastern.

Martin