[MITgcm-support] Tide in the open boundary

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 12:00:44 EDT 2017

how do you add tides?

remember that tides may (in most likelihood will) cause stronger currents
so CFL condition could changes. try “grep advcfl_W STDOUT.0000”
depending on advection scheme, this number should remain below .5 or 1

if CFL violation, you need to reduce time step (or change model configuration, e.g., bathymetry or hfac)