[MITgcm-support] getting started and the eedata file

Ken Hughes hugke729 at uvic.ca
Mon Sep 4 11:55:58 EDT 2017

Hi Stephen,

I use Ubuntu as well and find that typically I get eedata errors if I
forget to add a eedata file to the directory in which I'm running the
model. In my case, there are no parameters in the eedata file, but it
nevertheless needs to be there. The file is two lines long and contains

  &EEPARMS
  &

Note the single space before the ampersands.

Alternatively the file might be

  &EEPARMS
  /

Ken