[MITgcm-support] Bash scripts to restart

Ryan Abernathey ryan.abernathey at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 10:23:47 EDT 2017

Hi Dhruv,

Here is a script that will update a data with the most recent pickup file
(pCheckpoint or regular Checkpoint).
https://gist.github.com/rabernat/90cd307e9cdf8c774a42fd6ed2264fe9

You run it with no arguments in the run directory.

To automatically restart a job, you would just add the following to the end
of the jobscript:

mpirun mitgcmuv
# mitgcm needs to actually finish before the walltime ends
./most_recent_pickup.sh
sbatch jobscript.sh

-Ryan