[MITgcm-support] KPP parameters not read?

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at mit.edu
Wed Oct 18 14:21:34 EDT 2017

Hi Donald,

I think Patrick is right, in the sense that the "." is misplaced
(the tricky thing is that it might be compiler dependent like many
 subtle features of namelist reading).

And the reason why it does not produce any error when reading data.kpp (again,
this could be compiler dependent), as opposed to a wrong line in an other package
parameter file, is likely due to the "IOSTAT=errIO)" part in the namelist read
code (in kpp_readparms.F); most other packages (including  pkg/icefront)
use the simplest form to read a namelist, without IOSTAT).
In this regard, this is similar to the previous message you pointed at:
> This reminds me a little of another message on the support list (http://mailman.mitgcm.org/pipermail/mitgcm-support/2005-July/003245.html).

Going to change kpp_readparms.F very soon so that it will stop if a wrong line is
found in "data.kpp", like the other package parameter files.

The other thing that does not help here with "data.kpp" is that the parameters
are not reported to STDOUT (unlike most other packages).

Cheers,
Jean-Michel