[MITgcm-support] switch to turn off advection

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at mit.edu
Wed Nov 22 12:15:06 EST 2017

Hi Yu-Kun,

If you want to turn off the advection for a particular (passive) tracer,
for instance the third one, you can select the advection scheme zero:
 PTRACERS_advScheme(3)=0,
and this will disable the advection, keeping just forcing and diffusion.

This feature was not part of the original pkg/ptracer and is not
(well) documented.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel