[MITgcm-support] averaged output frequency

Camille Mazoyer mazoyer at univ-tln.fr
Tue May 23 04:08:57 EDT 2017

Dear all,

I would like my averaged outputs to have a daily frequency and to be
centered at midday. Could someone explain to me how can I do?

Here is what I did but I did'nt work, and I don't understand why?

In my input/data:

  # Time stepping parameters
    &PARM03
   # duration of the simulation
    nIter0=     0000056160,     <====  18-SEP-2013 12:00
   # nTimeSteps = 8640,
   # startTime =          0.,
   endTime   = 907200.0,

   # time step (s)
    deltaT = 10.,

  #frequency of instantaneous state of output fields (s)
  dumpFreq=   86400.,

  #frequency of time averaged of output fields (s)
  taveFreq=   86400.,  <====  every 24h from 18-SEP-2013 12:00, should
be at midday every day.

And when I have a look on my netcdf files, it appears that my simulation
begins at midday ( 18-SEP-2013 12:00) but after, the instantaneous and
averaged fields are recorded at 00:00 everyday, which is not what I wanted.

yes? use state.0000056160.globbig.nc
            *** NOTE: Axis coordinates are decreasing-ordered. Reversing
ordering for axis Z
            *** NOTE: Axis coordinates are decreasing-ordered. Reversing
ordering for axis Zl
yes? list iter
              VARIABLE : iteration_count
              FILENAME : state.0000056160.globbig.nc
              SUBSET   : 6 points (TIME)
  18-SEP-2013 12:00 / 1:  56160.
  19-SEP-2013 00:00 / 2:  60480.
  20-SEP-2013 00:00 / 3:  69120.
  21-SEP-2013 00:00 / 4:  77760.
  22-SEP-2013 00:00 / 5:  86400.
  22-SEP-2013 12:00 / 6:  90720.

yes? use tave.0000056160.globbig.nc
            *** NOTE: Axis coordinates are decreasing-ordered. Reversing
ordering for axis Z
            *** NOTE: Axis coordinates are decreasing-ordered. Reversing
ordering for axis Zl
yes? list iter
              VARIABLE : iteration_count
              FILENAME : tave.0000056160.globbig.nc
              SUBSET   : 4 points (TIME)
  19-SEP-2013 00 / 1:  60480.
  20-SEP-2013 00 / 2:  69120.
  21-SEP-2013 00 / 3:  77760.
  22-SEP-2013 00 / 4:  86400.

Thank you very much for your help,

Camille

Camille Mazoyer
Phd Student
Mediterranean Institute of Oceanography (MIO)
Institut de Mathématiques de Toulon (IMATH)
Université de TOULON
Bat X - CS 60584
83041 TOULON cedex 9
France