[MITgcm-support] problems with OBCS

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Fri May 19 17:40:45 EDT 2017

Yes, the model is periodic in x and y unless you specify open boundary conditions, or put bathymetry at the boundaries.

You’d have to give us more information to know why you are generating v values.

Note that v won’t be identically zero, because of roundoff errors, but it should be infinitesimally small unless you somehow force in the v direction.

Cheers,   Jody