[MITgcm-support] Bathymetry file

Daniel Goldberg dngoldberg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 15:49:45 EDT 2017

Hi Saeid

If you are using matlab, note that the ordering of the x and y dimensions
is opposite what is needed in your binary file. So if you have a bathymetry
array in matlab, you should do the transpose operation before writing it to
a binary file. (which is not the same as rotating three times.)

dan

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Menemenlis, Dimitris (329C) <
Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> http://mitgcm.org/public/r2_manual/latest/online_documents/node102.html
>
> On Mar 23, 2017, at 7:10 AM, smaeilpour <saeid_gal at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
> I have a question, to build a bathymetry file, is it necessary to rotate
> file 90 degrees and three times before i convert it to a binary file?
> any advice will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Saeid

Daniel Goldberg, PhD
Lecturer in Glaciology
School of Geosciences, University of Edinburgh
Geography Building, Drummond Street, Edinburgh EH8 9XP

em: D <dgoldber at mit.edu>an.Goldberg at ed.ac.uk
web: http://ocean.mit.edu/~dgoldberg