[MITgcm-support] Effect of 'vectorInvariantMomentum' flag on first order circulation

Dhruv Balwada db194 at nyu.edu
Wed Mar 8 20:36:39 EST 2017

Hi Jean-Michel and everyone,

Thanks a lot for getting to the heart of the problem. I am glad that
choosing that right combinations flags leads to the appropriate answers. I
hope this point (I am sure there are other similar ones) can be
highlighted/noted somewhere on the MITgcm manual.

One point I want to mention is that I changed the flags for my run based on
the llc simulations. Here is their data file
http://wwwcvs.mitgcm.org/viewvc/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/llc_hires/llc_4320/input/data?revision=1.14&view=markup

I am wondering if their solutions are being effected by this problem? They
don't have the useJamartWetPoints=.TRUE., set.

Best,
Dhruv